Saturday, June 02, 2007

Old Philosophy, New Gordon

Tell me, and I will forget.

Show me, and I may remember.

Involve me, and I will understand.
(Confucius, 450 B.C)


The above, quoted today by Gordon Brown, is claimed to be the philosophy underlying his proposals to re-engage the British electorate with politics that will be unveiled in the next few days. Could this herald a new age in, or style of, political marketing; where the electorate really has a say in decision making and feels involved in the process of designing complex policies?

1 comment:

David Phillips said...

Hmmm... I wonder if there is choice. The level of interaction from the 'public' now influencing politicians must be pretty hefty. Email Twitter, blogs, Facebook, web sites, podcasts... the list goes on .... must have shown the political world that they are under scrutiny with a voice ot a level not known since the early 19th century.