Monday, August 11, 2008

Ready for the election?

Its a funny time for politics is the summer, the politicians are all on beaches and the media are inventing news based on supposition, hints and the odd leaks. But every now and again there is an odd story that floats up the the surface that is actually interesting. Gordon Brown, it is claimed, is to write a book on Britishness. You may think he would be too busy but apparently not, I must admit I thought books were things politicians wrote after they leave high office. But maybe the intention is for a release to come just before the next general election, perhaps it will be a large piece of branding that has Brown alongside a range of the 'great and good' putting forward an idealised image of society under a fourth Labour term of office. Or am I just a terrible cynic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this story, I thought what a time wasting t****r, but you got me thinking, its a blinder. Brown the saviour of the british heads for election. Mind you doubt anyone will buy it, what he says or the book